(serves 6)4 bunches baby bok choy, trimmed
300g spinach, chopped
310g tin mandarin segments, drained and juice reserved
3tbls soy sauce
1/2tsp fresh ginger, minced
3tbls olive oil
1kg skinless chicken breasts, diced
pepper & salt to taste
6 spring onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
400g fresh chestnuts, peeled & sliced or 300g frozen peeled chestnuts, sliced
1 red capsicum, finely diced
1/2tsp sesame oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the bok choy, spinach and mandarins.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, ginger; and reserved mandarin juice. Set sauce aside.
- In a large wok or large frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry until the chicken is barely opaque throughout. Add the spring onions, garlic, chestnuts and capsicum and stir fry for one minute before adding the sauce. Toss for about 30 seconds.
- Gradually add handfuls of the bok choy, spinach and mandarin mix until all the greens are wilted down.
- Finally add the sesame oil and serve either on its own or over steamed rice.