2/3 cup chestnuts (fresh or dried and rehydrated)
2 chicken fillets (skinless)
1 red pepper (cut in small strips or chunks)
6 spring onions (2.5 cm lengths)
1-1-1/2 cups snow peas, trimmed & halved
2-3 tbs light olive oil
1 cup chicken stock (approx.)
1 tbs soy sauce
1/2 tspn grated ginger
2 tspns (approx.) cornflour or arrowroot
fresh chopped parsley (plenty!)
- Coarsely chop or quarter chestnuts.
- Cut chicken fillets into strips and prepare vegetables. Heat oil in a wok or deep pan.
- Add chestnuts and saute over until barely golden, then push to one side of wok.
- Increase heat slightly and add chicken, saute until flesh becomes opaque, stirring often.
- Add red pepper, spring onions and snow peas.
- Stir fry for several minutes until vegetables are barely tender. Add most of the chicken stock, soy sauce and ginger.
- Blend together remaining stock and cornflour or arrowroot. Stir into the wok, increase heat and bring to the boil.
- Cook for a minute until sauce thickens and clears, stirring all the time.
- Mix in parsley and spoon mixture and sauce over steamed jasmine rice.