2 tbs virgin olive oil
3/4 cup chestnuts (fresh or dried & rehydrated)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tbs butter
250g mixed mushrooms (field, oyster, enoki, Swiss Brown) thickly sliced
1 tbs mixed, chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, marjoram, chives, etc.)
Shaved Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper
Extra cracked pepper
- Chop chestnuts. Heat the oil in a large pan and saute chestnuts over moderate heat until golden brown.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute. Heat butter in saucepan and saute mushrooms until tender. Add the chestnuts and any oil in the pan and mix in, together with the fresh herbs.
- Add a little salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile cook the penne pasta in plenty of boiling water until "al dente".
- Drain well, and tip into a serving dish. Pour over the sauce, top with shaved Parmesan and cracked pepper.
- Serve at once.