Courtesy of Sydney Markets Limited.
1 tbs butter or margarine
2 tbs olive oil
500g pork leg steaks
2 tbs plain flour
Salt & ground black pepper
350g cooked & peeled chestnuts
1 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
1/3 cup sage leaves
- Place flour onto a plate, season with salt & pepper and lightly coat pork steaks.
- Heat butter or margarine and 1 tbs olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high until bubbling. Cook the pork for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil and peeled chestnuts to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until chestnuts are golden. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in creme fraiche or sour cream, sage leaves and salt and pepper to taste.
- Return pork to pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until pork is heated through and sauce has slightly thickened.
- Serve with green beans and new potatoes if desired.