Courtesy of Barbara Northwood, Food Editor, Woman's Day.
2 cups (280g) chestnuts
2 bacon rashers, chopped
2 single chicken breast fillets
1 yellow capsicum
1 red capsicum
1 bunch rocket
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
cos lettuce leaves to serve
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup light sour cream
3 tsp grain mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
1 tbs grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Cut a small cross in flat side of each chestnut. Place in a pan; cover with water, bring to boil. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove chestnuts one at a time, and strip inner and outer skin.
- Cook bacon and chestnuts in a fry pan until bacon crisps; drain on absorbent paper.
- Add chicken to pan. Cook on both sides until cooked through. Cut into 1 cm wide slices.
- Cut capsicum into strips.
- Dressing: Combine ingredients in a jar; shake well.
- Combine chestnut mixture, chicken, capsicum strips, rocket, chopped parsley and dressing in a bowl.
- Serve on cos lettuce.