Courtesy of Barbara Northwood, Food Editor, Woman's Day.500g Chestnuts
16 small onions
1 red capsicum
90g butter chopped
1 tbs brown sugar
1/2 cup port
2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
extra fresh herbs to garnish
- Place chestnuts in a pan, cover with water, bring to boil; remove from heat.
- Take chestnuts out, one at a time and strip off both outer shell and inner skin with a sharp knife.
- Peel onions, leaving root end intact. Quarter onions.
- Cut capsicum into thin 7cm long strips.
- Heat butter in pan; add onions, cook until golden.
- Add chestnuts and capsicum; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until capsicum is just tender.
- Add brown sugar and port; stir for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and glazed.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley; garnish with extra fresh herbs.